Friday, April 24, 2009

Playoff Banter

Rundown of Things Overheard or Said to Me During the Playoffs This Session-

1. Overheard someone reading a text message to a team mate - "Mary wants to know how it's going with the blow-up doll. Is it inflated yet?" (A birthday celebration was also held during match and the team Captain received a very interesting gift from her team mates!)

2. Player said to Bartender - "I had to come out of the closet to beat her." Bartender: "I don't want to hear anymore of this story."

3. Male Player said to me - "We won our Playoff match last night and I cried." Me: "Wow, that's very sensitive of you." Man: "I'm not lying." Me: "No, really, I believe you." Man: "I mean, well, I didn't boo-hoo or anything, but I did cry. Just a little..."

I can't make this stuff up! But it makes me nod and smile and enjoy my job! If you made it through the Playoffs, good luck to you at the next End of Session Championship! If you weren't able to, good luck this Summer!

No comments: