Monday, October 13, 2008

Problems? What Problems?

In a division that gives me little grief there is one individual in particular that gives me hope my job means something to someone. (After the occasional night of more than one issue and/or complaint, sometimes I REALLY wonder what this is all for. I mean, it's not like I'm out there curing cancer or anything.)

From what I've been told, this woman has had a tough time in life recently. She's had multiple personal problems but seems to be on the up and up lately. She confided in me that, in spite of her problems (no correction, because of her problems) she has turned to and found solace in pool. She uses practice and league play along side a desire to be the best she can be to rise above her issues. She is playing several nights a week around people that support and care about her on her rode to recovery. She never complains and seems genuinely excited about pool and always appears to have a good time. (I think she's even going to start her own team next session!)

Hearing her story last night really helped me to take my focus off the few (but seemingly repetitive) issues that can plague my nights from time to time. I, instead, began to recall the many members in 8 Ball Express that have a great time and enjoy the game. The majority should be controlling my job satisfaction, not the minority right? (Hey, I'm a member myself and know that I L-O-V-E my 9-Ball night out!)

No comments: