Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Check out what they are offering -
So, what's the difference between buying a Schon or a McDermott from a guy with a stand at your local pool hall than your local Walmart? They are both the middle man right? I'm sure these are not the top of the line Schon's, but for the most part, aren't they all made in China anyways?
Monday, January 18, 2010
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Looking forward to the following Blog Posts:
1. "Team Names of Note" List
2. "You've Got To Be Kidding Me" Nicknames
3. "Stop Playing So Slow - We Gotta Go To Work in the Morning" Splitting Matches Reminder
4. NEW! Feature Host Location Review
5. And many more to come...
Welcome back players! Looking forward to the new year and new session. ~Dawn
Sunday, December 20, 2009
I will be at Badfish Billiards in Matthews this Wednesday around 7pm helping a brand new team of people out of a brand new bar learn about 8 Ball Express - scoring, handicaps, etc. Come on out for some fun if you are interested. I promise to be drinking and B&S-ing for pretty much the whole time. Come join in the merriment! :)
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Good for a chuckle in the middle of these very serious playoff times:
Monday, December 7, 2009
This upcoming session there are a few openings you may be interested in. If you want to play, please let Bob/Blake, the bartender or us know before week's end.
Space availability is first come/first serve.
Sundays - Inhouse 8-Ball. There is an opening for a team and possibly a few slots for players. Great relaxed division and a great way to start the week!
Mondays - May have some availability for a travel 8-ball team.
Tuesdays - Travel 8-ball and 9-ball. Travel is contained pretty much to a five mile radius and lots of fun.
Wednesdays - Travel 8-ball. Travel is contained in a five mile radius.
Thursdays - Inhouse 8-ball & 9-ball travel. With the addition of 3 more 9-ball teams an inhouse could be created. This Inhouse 8-ball division produced last Winter's $10,000 winning team, so the competition is high but the people are friendly.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
- Two people will step to the table, one will win and one will not. Accept this and move on. Do not talk bad about their mother or question their moral up bringing if you loose. You just look silly and I may have to laugh at you and include you in a future blog post.
- I don't care how good a player is or what your put up strategy is, if a player is drunk or drinking heavily, play them early or not at all, then call a cab. You can check with the bartender before hand if not sure or make them do a practice lag to judge. If the ball flies off the table, ends up in a pocket or they try to lag with a coaster, just go ahead and bench them. They probably weren't going to win anyways.
- The rules are the same in post season as in regular season. Keep this in mind during the regular season AND the post season. While it's not right, if during weeks 1-13 you've let opposing teams go over the handicap limit, take 20 minute time outs, run late and then weeks 14-playoffs turn around and hold them to every rule in the book, don't be surprised if they don't exactly send you a Christmas card or ask for a group hug when it's all over. How about, for the most part, sticking to the rules through the Session to avoid this sudden change of good will. This will help people learn rules and hopefully avoid unnecessary confrontation. Chances are you will see your opponents again/play against them after all is said and done, so treat them accordingly.
- Week 2 of the Playoffs is not the optimal time to bring up handicap questions. If you see something Playoff Week 2 you've never seen before, like a 2 running racks, ok then, it is the optimal time. But if you've known/suspected for a while that a handicap is not right, let us know as soon as you can. If you know something isn't right the ENTIRE Session or even the 2nd half of it, but only let us know if your team looses AFTER the matches are all done, the situation is a lot messier than it has to be. We can handle the issues much better if we know there may be an issue AHEAD of time. Contact email@example.com right now if you have a handicap complaint or if you think there may be another issue at a match coming up.
- Don't take out your issues/stress/problems on your opposing team or your league manager. Hey, we've all got problems these days. How about you leave yours at home and let everyone have a good time! If you can't don't be surprised if you are removed from the league. One bad grape will not be allowed to spoil a bunch (or a division).
- 8 Ball Express is competitive but above all else it's about coming out each week and having a good time.
Now, good luck and have fun!