Captains are people that step up to the plate and organize a team. Their names appear at the top of a roster. Score sheets and notices are sent directly to them and they are the designated point of contact 8 Ball Express uses for a team of 5-8 people. But, 8 Ball Express Captains are also:
- Team Accountants - making sure all the fees collected, paid and correct
- Logistics Coordinators - ensuring their team mates are where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be
- Primary Scorekeepers and Stat Trackers - correctly filling out all boxes and totals
- Head Strategists - deciding the nightly team line-up
- Supply Managers - making sure flyers, patches and membership cards get to their rightful owners, that there is a pen to write with and a coin to flip with
How might you thank them? Perhaps in the form of a good ol' fashioned "thank you", a round of their drink of choice or even volunteering to handle the duties for one night. (There is a team out of Matthews Ale House that actually rotates their Captain duties on a weekly basis. Now that is teamwork if I've ever heard of it.)Because, remember, when the $10,000 checks are cut, the Captain gets an equal portion of the prize, no bigger or smaller. So...have you thanked a Captain today?